Leading teams from a distance
The modern workplace has significantly changed in the last decade. The international nature of companies, the increasing nature of multi-national and cross-cultural project management and the technical progress in terms of communication tools mean that managers and employees no longer necessarily work in the same place. In addition, the meaning of leadership is changing. Highly educated, specialized employees are looking to do more than just carry out orders, they want to understand and actively shape their work. Leaders today need to meet these expectations, regardless of where their team are.
This 5-part webinar series, designed around the N.E.W.S.® Compass™, offers pragmatic impulses and support to lead teams virtually.
Your Organization will benefit from this Program if:
- You need to develop Leaders who can effectively lead their teams from a distance
- You want your leaders to develop a participative leadership style to effectively lead virtual teams in times of change
How does it work?
- 5 webinars à 120 minutes
- 5 participants per webinar
- Module 2-5: 30 minutes preparation as pre-work
The webinar series gives team leaders the tools to lead their teams - especially remote - through change, to spur them on and promote their commitment. Participants learn how to solve team conflicts, how to dissolve blocks that causes stagnation, and how to lead their virtual team to peak performance. Tools and tips for virtual leadership are practiced in role-play scenarios based on the N.E.W.S.™ Compass.
NORTH - Where?
- When your team doesn’t have a clear direction or practical vision
- When your team faces major change or a cross-road
- New beginnings: New team leader, new team members or new project. Annual or periodic strategic team meeting
EAST - Why?
- When you feel that the team is down, fatigued or burned out
- When your team has low motivation
- When your team is at a low level of engagement
SOUTH - Why Not?
- When your team complains regularly and has excuses for everything
- When your team avoids taking on challenges or increased responsibility
- When your team has difficulty accepting changes
WEST - How?
- When your team has a new or updated North and you need to create plans to achieve it
- When the progression of the team towards the North is insufficient
- When circumstances change
- When your team loses focus and prioritization
Each module begins with a recap of previous learnings and concludes with what needs to be prepared for the roles plays for the next session.
- Module 6: Group coaching 4 weeks after completion of the webinar series (60 minutes)
- Optional N.E.W.S.® Executive-Coaching™
What can you expect?
From a leadership development perspective, you will achieve the following results:
- Leaders learn how to use virtual meetings as an effective leadership platform,
- Leaders grow as developers of people and teams in a virtual environment,
- Managers can navigate teams in a volatile, uncertain and complex environments.